Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan, “The Newsroom” star Sam Waterston, and other eminent figures in politics, the media, business, and athletics, are participating in an online auction to benefit Refugees International. Refugees International (RI) advocates for lifesaving assistance and protection for displaced and stateless people and promotes solutions to displacement crises.
The auction, which continues through November 15 on auction portal Charitybuzz, features more than 15 unique packages, including:
- Dinner for six with Her Majesty Queen Noor at one of three restaurants owned by José Andrés, winner of the James Beard Award.
- A visit to the set of HBO’s hit series “The Newsroom” and lunch with Academy Award-nominated cast member Sam Waterston.
- Dinner with Academy Award-nominated actor Matt Dillon in New York City.
- A private training session for four with 2012 Olympic marathon runner Guor Marial.
- Live tapings and meet-and-greets with Chris Matthews of MSNBC, Chris Wallace of FOX News, and Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser of ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption.”
Full descriptions of all the packages are available at http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/RefugeesInternational.